Central Exchange has selected ten winners for its 6th Annual STEMMy Awards celebrating Kansas City’s women in STEMM (science, technology, engineering, math and medicine). The official awards presentations will take place on Sept. 19 at the Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland.
Women comprise half the workforce but only 24 percent of Kansas City’s STEMM workforce. Recognition plays a significant role in efforts to recruit and retain women in STEMM.
- Groundbreaking Leadership: Wendy Hageman, Burns & McDonnell; Eva Karp, Cerner
- Rising Trendsetter: Amber Stone, BlueCross BlueShield; Kellyann Jones-Jamtgaard, PrepKC
- Enterprising Innovator: Panela Leung, Generation Maker Lab
- WiSTEMM Champion: Cheryl Cooper, Sprint
- WiSTEMM Educator: Lesley Martin, Staley High School; Yugyung Lee, Ph.D, UMKC
- Student Achiever: Mikayla Bridgewater, University of Kansas
- Corporate Hero: Kiewit
“Celebrating these women matters,” says Courtney Thomas, President & CEO of Central Exchange. “Women in STEMM are drastically under-represented in our region. The STEMMys give Kansas City’s trailblazing women the platform and visibility they deserve.”
View a slideshow of the winners below. TICKETS & SPONSORSHIPS.