The Central Exchange Emerging Leaders Program
As we work to create and accelerate women leaders, programs like Emerging Leaders not only empower and connect a diverse group of women, but also support them in their growth journey.
Join a group of high potential women for a year-long course focused on empowering you through actionable education. From sessions with real-life examples shared by regional thought leaders to active-learning based small group sessions, you will graduate Emerging Leaders with the skills and tools to take your leadership to the next level.
The Emerging Leaders Program Focuses On:
- Building Your Leadership Path: Establish a clear view of your strengths and opportunities with assessments and coaching to support your development plan
- Strategic Thinking and Setting the Vision: Develop strategic perspective and the ability to envision and implement competitive advantage
- Negotiating for Resources and Results: Hone your skills and learn how to gain commitment and collaborate with your key stakeholders
- Leading Teams: Learn how to lead, mentor, and manage your human capital resources to their highest potential
- Leadership and Executive Presence: Understand different leadership styles and create your own unique leadership brand
- Influence and Political Savvy: Identify a toolkit of influencing skills; leverage those most effective for you and your own organization
- Decision Making and Risk Taking: Learn how to assess and balance risk and reward and employ the critical components of solid decision-making skills
- Creativity and Innovation: Lean in to create an environment where novel thinking is encouraged and applied to business solutions
- Leveraging Your Network: Identify the activities that build useful networks rich in social capital and business advantage
- Values-Driven Leadership: Challenge, clarify, and embed your values in your leadership strategies. Integrate your learning into an ongoing plan for your leadership growth and development
The Emerging Leaders Program takes place over a one-year period to achieve sustainable development and to accommodate your busy schedule. Each session meets from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., twelve times in a calendar year beginning in September.
What Program Participants Have to Say
“We feel fortunate at UMB to have the Emerging Leader Program at Central Exchange available to our dynamic female talent. The continued focus on providing relevant development topics and top-notch facilitators is one of the many reasons our leaders have found this program to be beneficial. Our leaders have enjoyed both the professional and personal growth they experience during their time in the program. I would recommend it to any company looking to improve how they build and retain top female talent.”
“We send women from Black & Veatch each year because the Emerging Leaders Program provides in-depth high quality programming and we see the difference it makes in our graduates. We believe in this investment, the women benefit as does our organization. Our graduates consistently tell us that this program has been very valuable to their development and is definitely worth the time that they dedicate to this initiative. Kansas City is very lucky to have such a unique program to help develop a pipeline of talented women leaders!”
“The Emerging Leaders Program is the best female-focused leadership development program in Kansas City. All of the participants are from outstanding companies, of all sizes, that are committed to the personal and professional growth of their valued employees.”
Meet the Emerging Leaders Program Facilitators
Denise is a Leadership Development Consultant and has been working with Executive Leadership teams for more than 25 years. As Chief Mindset Officer for her firm, LeaderFuel, she is adept at challenging perspectives, identifying beliefs, and exposing blind spots that limit effectiveness in business. Denise brings expertise and insights to the Emerging Leaders program on topics such as developing dynamic teams, creating a constructive organizational culture, strategic planning and employee engagement. In addition to being an Executive coach and master networker, Denise facilitates Executive Women Round Tables, Lean In Circles, and national consults to the members of C200, the most prestigious women’s business organization in the U.S.
Robin brings 30 years of business and leadership to our Emerging Leaders Program curriculum and conversations. Her corporate work as an investment banker, large P&L Leader, Marketing Director and Head of Talent Development bring a broad breadth of first-hand experience and strategies to the table as our participants define and refine their own leadership styles. Robin’s ongoing work with more than 50 companies and not-for-profit organizations enable her to bring both a time-tested and fresh perspective to developing seasoned leaders in high performance cultures. As a co-founder of two major international women’s networks, and a mentor to scores of professionals, she brings both a macro and micro approach to advancing tomorrow’s leaders.