win|win is a Central Exchange campaign to increase gender diversity on corporate boards and in C-suites across Kansas City region companies.
Now is the moment for Kansas City to substantially accelerate business growth, innovation, profitability and become a leader.
A convergence of global research is showing a strong and positive correlation between gender diversity at the top and company growth, innovation and profitability. According to Catalyst studies, "Fortune 500 companies with more gender diversity among executive officers had a ROE 35% higher than those with the least diversity."
McKinsey reported that companies with 3 or more women at the top received higher evaluations on 9 key non-financial metrics:
- Coordination and Control
- Work Environment and Values
- External Orientation
Circle of Champions LuncheonAnnually, win|win recognizes regional corporations that achieve at least 20% gender diversity on their corporate boards. Follow the link for more information on the win|win Circle of Champions.
FAQs1. Why do companies with gender diverse leadership teams out perform their peers?
- Management at better performing companies make smarter decisions, including utilizing all the best brains available, regardless of gender. – Adler
- Women facilitate teamwork and innovation. – Dezso and Ross
- Gender diverse teams almost always outperform a homogeneous group by substantial margin. – Ernst & Young and University of Michigan
- Multiple perspectives... the boardroom dynamic is more open and collaborative and difficult problems are dealth with. – Catalyst
2. How many women are on Kansas City area boards?
Within the top 40 public companies in the Kansas City region, women constitute only 12% of the boards of directors.
3. Why is win|win focused on gender diversity?
Women are 60% of college graduates — the majority of today’s talent pool.
Women are 51% of the managers and professionals in today’s workforce.
More than 80% of the consumer buying decisions are made by women.
4. How will win|win support the campaign?
win|win provides a range of educational forums, services and activities to help educate, change perceptions and create a sense of purpose among supporters. A distinctive branding campaign was launched to grow awareness, sponsorships and public support.
5. How can companies join the win|win campaign?
Supporters: sign the Accord and get involved in the campaign.
Sponsors: Provide financial support to further the win|win campaign communications, outreach efforts, research and programs.
2016 Board of Directors
- Carla Sanders, SVP Human Resources, AMC Entertainment, win|win Board Chair
- Terry Bassham, President & CEO, KCP&L
- Bill Ferguson, President, Central Bank
- Don Hall, Jr., President & CEO, Hallmark Cards, Inc.
- Denise Kruse, CEO & Owner, AdamsGabbert
- Nancy Mellard, EVP and General Counsel., CBIZ Employee Services Division
- Jeanette Prenger, President & CEO, ECCO Select
- CiCi Rojas, President & CEO, Central Exchange