Now Accepting Applications
for 2017/2018 Class!
Targeted Development - Demonstrated Results
Your time is valuable. The Emerging Leaders Program takes place over a one-year period to achieve sustainable development and to accommodate your busy schedule. Each session meets from 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., twelve times in a calendar year beginning in September.
The Emerging Leaders Program is proudly offered by Central Exchange and facilitated by Robin Sterneck & Denise Mills.
ROBIN STERNECK brings 30 years of business & leadership to our Emerging Leaders Program curriculum and conversations. Her corporate work as an investment banker, large P&L Leader, Marketing Director & Head of Talent Development bring a broad breadth of first-hand experience & strategies to the table as our participants define and refine their own leadership styles. Robin’s ongoing work with over 50 companies and not-for-profit organizations enable her to bring both a time-tested and fresh perspective to developing seasoned leaders in high performance cultures. As a co-founder of two major, international women’s networks and a mentor to scores of professionals, she brings a macro and micro approach to advancing tomorrow’s leaders.
DENISE MILLS is a Leadership Development Consultant and has been working with Executive Leadership teams for over 25 years. As Chief Mindset Officer for her firm, LeaderFuel, she is adept at challenging perspectives, identifying beliefs and exposing blind spots that limit effectiveness in business. Denise brings expertise and insights to the Emerging Leaders program on topics such as developing dynamic teams, creating a constructive organizational culture, strategic planning and employee engagement. In addition to being an Executive coach and master networker, Denise facilitates Executive Women Round Tables, Lean In Circles, and nationally consults to the members of C200, the most prestigious women’s business organization in the US.
"The Emerging Leaders Program is the best female focused leadership development program in Kansas City. All of the participants are from outstanding companies, of all sizes, that are committed to the personal and professional growth of their valued employees."~ Amber Miller Manning, President - Private Risk Management, The Miller Group
The Program Focus Areas
- Building Your Leadership Path: Establish a clear view of your strengths and opportunities with assessments and coaching to support your development plan.
- Strategic Thinking and Setting the Vision: Develop strategic perspective and the ability to envision and implement competitive advantage.
- Negotiating for Resources and Results: Hone your skills and learn how to gain commitment and collaborate with your key stakeholders.
- Leading Teams: Learn how to lead, mentor and manage your human capital resources to their highest potential.
- Managing (Hyper) Change: Build resilience in yourself and others to take advantage of the opportunities that change brings.
- Leadership and Executive Presence: Understand different leadership styles and create your own unique leadership brand.
- Influence and Political Savvy: Identify a toolkit of influencing skills; leverage those most effective for you and your own organization.
- Decision Making and Risk Taking: Learn how to assess and balance risk and reward and employ the critical components of solid decision making skills.
- Creativity and Innovation: Lean in to create an environment where novel thinking is encouraged and applied to business solutions.
- Leveraging Your Network: Identify the activities that build useful networks rich in social capital and business advantage.
- Values Driven Leadership: Challenge, clarify and embed your values in your leadership strategies. Integrate your learning into an ongoing plan for your leadership growth and development.
The Program Components
- Coaching on your Individual Strategy: Improve personal effectiveness by building on strengths, finding gaps; then developing and implementing a plan to take you to the next level in your career.
- Integrated Learning: The program’s format is based on the concept of active learning – this is not a lecture series. Each session is focused on a separate leadership competency and will include group and facilitated discussions, practical strategies to apply in your own organization.
- Practical Application with Regional Thought Leaders: Learn from high profile female executives who will share real-life examples and case studies.
- Achieve Sustainable Development: The year-long format allows for long-term development – both in and out of program sessions.
- Build and leverage your network: Small group sessions solidify strong, lasting relationships with key female high potential peers in the region.
- Global expertise delivered at a local level: The experience of regional/global thought leaders will be combined with current best practices in leadership development to provide a dynamic program with high impact for participants.
- Focus on Results: As a high potential leader…learn to do what matters.
“We send women from Black & Veatch each year because the Emerging Leaders Program provides in-depth high quality programming and we see the difference it makes in our graduates. We believe in this investment, the women benefit as does our organization. Our graduates consistently tell us that this program has been very valuable to their development and is definitely worth the time that they dedicate to this initiative. Kansas City is very lucky to have such a unique program to help develop a pipeline of talented women leaders!”~ Sheri Blauwiekel, Executive Vice President, Project Support Executive Director, B&V Energy, Black & Veatch